Lone Star Tick
- The Lone Star Tick is very widespread throughout the U.S.
- You’ll find this tick mainly populates forests.
- The Lone Star Ticks, like all ticks, can be a vector for disease.
- It’s important to note, however, that this particular species of tick is very unlikely to transmit Lyme disease which is commonly associated with ticks.
- This bite can create an allergy to meat products.
- The picture to the left features an adult female Lone Star Tick with the prominent lone spot on its back.
Contact Clegg’s for an inspection of your North Carolina home!