- Citronella Ants are usually light yellow to light reddish brown with small eyes.
- They have a citronella odor when crushed.
- Nest sites usually include open pastures, gardens, lawns, or around a home’s foundation. They may also be found underneath a concrete slab or inside of or underneath a timber that has become rotten.
- There are 2 species: the worker and the swarmer. The swarmers are almost twice the size of the workers and have smoke colored wings.
- Once colony is located the mound itself is treated to eliminate the problem.
Contact Clegg’s for an inspection of your North Carolina home!