- Large ants, usually black or black/red.
- Length > 1/4 inch.
- Workers of several sizes. Swarmers larger w/ unequal wings.
- Forage long distances, about the length of a football field.
- Carpenter ants have one node (circled) and an evenly rounded thorax.
- Carpenters vary is color and size but most are large and a blackish color.
- Parent colony lives in constant moisture. Satellite colonies are usually involved in infestations. Carpenter ants are most active at night, and the sound of a colony resembles that of wrinkling up cellophane. Colonies may exist in several areas including: wood, wall voids, hollow voids, under insulation, etc.
- Treatment usually involves the use of a dust and/or aerosol to flush out the existing
Contact Clegg’s for an inspection of your North Carolina home!